Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting down to business.

Day two of interring and I am learning quite a bit. As you can see from the picture to your left, our new office is almost ready. A few of the other volunteers have placed decorations while I was put in charge of organizing; office supplies, signs and paperwork.

All the volunteers were thrilled to see how well our office is coming together. Walking in today I was amazed at how different our office looked since Thursday the first time I walked in. We had more room to set up phone banks and to fit more volunteers.

I was once again placed on the biggest aspect of a political campaign; phone banks. Today instead of asking people their opinion I was told to contact and recruit them as fellow volunteers. From the many calls made today less than half picked up the phone, but those who did jumped at the chance of getting more information on how to proceed with volunteering. Numerous amount of people are signing up to help us take this campaign to new heights.

The enthusiasm that people gave off the phone was infectious. The soon to be volunteers were so open and ready to get down to business.  Tomorrow I will be returning to gain even more experience on what exactly goes on during a political campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment