Thursday, March 8, 2012

Joe Biden

Wednesday March 7, 2012 Vice President Joe Biden stopped by the Vinoy Hotel in St. Pete and I was lucky enough to meet him. When Victoria called me and asked me to work the Joe Biden event I was extract, I was going to met the Vice President of the United States.

The Vice President stopped by as a fundraising event where attendees donated money, I was lucky enough to work the event. I was asked to arrive at 2:15pm even though Mr. Biden would not be speaking until 6:00pm, to make sure everyone was in the proper location. Security was very tight, I had to summit my information before attending and  was inspected before entering the building. I felt as if I was going through airport security. There were also big security dogs inspecting every room and waiting outside in the lobby. I could not even hold a pen! The secret service asked me to out my pen down, it was considered a weapon. I understand the need for security this is the Vice President.

Joe Biden's speech was very inspiring. He spoke about what he sees the middle class as unlike his Republican counterparts who "See the middle class as a number."  Joe Biden also mentioned how long he's been working in Congress, He was elected into office before he was of age. He also spoke about bringing he economy back up, how they have created jobs. The economy was not stable when President Obama came into office and he is doing his best to bring the economy back up. Joe Biden ended his speech with, "Osama Bin Ladin is dead and General Motors is alive."

After his speech he walked up to the front of the crowd and stopped to talk, hug, kiss and take a picture with every person in line. When he reached the left side of the line; where all the volunteers were he literally walked over the barrier in order to be closer to us. He took picture as a group and with individuals.

Everyone who attended had such a positive attitude that was infectious. I love that Mr. Biden took the time to talk to voters and really connect with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment